The department of Chemistry was established in the year 2006 and thereafter moved on with its core chemistry branches successfully. The department consists of all its dedicated and well qualified energetic & skilled faculties as well as suitable strength of sincere students. The department offers all the regular degree programmes of chemistry like UG, PG, Certificate programmes & Research programmes viz. B.Sc, M.Sc, & Ph.D. The programmes involve various professional job-oriented curriculum which fulfils the need for the complete development of the nation and the mission of new India. The department gives good academic results with positive trends & excellency. It also excels its Laboratory strength through various Instrumentation Techniques for chemical analysis through various instruments with a view to generate mission-oriented approach of chemical sciences for tackling the Research problems.
To lead the future of global chemical research for societal benefits and well being of the communities we serve. The department strives to contribute to a chemically literate society through chemical environment academically along with teaching, research and innovation for best human service.
- To impart quality education in chemical Sciences and to undertake research and extension with emphasis on application and innovation that cater to the emerging societal needs through all around Development of students of all sections enabling them to be globally competitive and socially responsible citizens with intrinsic values.
- To ensure that Chemistry is the international expert in providing excellence in education, initiating research and inspiring environment that ignites the young minds.
To maintain a Department that gives equal importance in terms of our significance of teaching and research by creating an environment that promotes:
Independent thought, exchange of ideas, high ethical standards, development of innovative techniques & Use of modern educational tools & technology in lecture and laboratory courses.
1. Advanced Instrumentation Lab for Research/PG(M.Sc., Ph.D.)
2. Organic Synthesis for Research/PG(M.Sc., Ph.D.)
3. Inorganic Analysis for Research/PG(M.Sc., Ph.D.)
4. Applied Chemistry Lab for U.G., Engineering (Poly & BE)
5. General Chemistry Analysis Lab for U.G. (B.Sc)
6. General Chemistry Analysis Lab for CEAER
Laboratory Instrumental Facilities
AAS(Atomic Absorption Spectrometer), HPLC, Single beam & Advanced Double beam UV-VIS Spectrophotometer, Flame Photometer, Lux Photometer, Digital Photoelectric Colorimeter, Microcontroller based digital pH-meter, Conductivity-meter and Turbidity-meter with PS System, 9-Parameter Water Analyzer Kit, Bomb-Calorimeter, Muffle Furnace, Soil Analyzer Kit, TLC, Column Chromatography Apparatus, COD Apparatus, BOD Apparatus, Centrifuge, Soxhlet extractor.
Principal Research Areas of the Department of Chemistry
Photochemical Analysis, Drug analysis, Organic Synthesis, Analytical & kinetic study, Nano-Chemistry & Synthesis, water & soil analysis, Environmental chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Supra molecular Chemistry, Bio Chemistry & Molecular recognition.